- Path to the Platte River - Marked, rugged, single file deer trail starts in the way backyard. About 300 yards south to your own quiet spot on the river.
- Firewood is available at the Shell Station in Honor (usually, but can sell out on busy weekends) and local backroad stands. Charcoal is available at the local grocery.
- Jomos Ice Cream - Good food and great ice cream right next door!
- Point Betsie Lighthouse - Only 10 minutes away! Beautiful beach and scenic location.
- Interlochen Center for the Arts - Concerts and plays throughout the summer. Beautiful outdoor setting. Big names often stop by to play.
- Bike local road routes, paved trails and mountain bike trails and rental info
Food & Gas
- Honor Family Market - Great meat department and a good beer, wine and liquor selection. In the Honor Plaza on the west side of Honor.
- Shell Station/Convenience Store - 1/2 mile west on Main toward Honor. Open 24/7.